April 1, 2020 – 5 p.m.
The Callaway County Health Department has received no new positive cases of COVID-19 at this time. There are 17 positive cases, 11 active and 6 recovered.
Today’s news is encouraging but should not be taken as the normal. We must keep practicing the recommendations from CDC and DHSS to keep ourselves and our community safe. With nice weather, end of month pay cycles and other things that tend to make people want to get out and travel, remember that without distancing from others, your risk the chance of becoming infected with COVID-19 greatly increases.
1. If a store looks crowded, wait until the number of individuals decrease before going in.
2. Take as few people with you when you go to shop.
3. Limit the time you are in a business.
4. If you can shop for someone who is elderly or disabled, do so.
5. We all have to continue to work on social distancing as we have over the past days and weeks.