Here are the steps to prepare you once you’ve been called to receive the vaccine.
- Bring your I.D. – you must have I.D. to receive the vaccine.
- Fill out consent form – Print and fill out the first page of the Vaccine Consent Form and bring it with you. If you are unable to do so we will have the form available when you come but having it ready will save you some time.
- Wear a short sleeve shirt – you will be receiving the the shot in a public setting with no personal privacy.
- Be early – being late could mean the difference between getting the vaccine or not. The current vaccine has a very limited shelf life and must be administered in a timely fashion.
- Be Patient – after receiving the vaccine you must stay and be monitored for 15 minutes to make sure you do not have a reaction. If you’ve ever had a negative reaction to other vaccines (flu etc) then you must be monitored for 30 minutes after receiving the vaccine.